February 6, 2018 | Blake Mossy
HealthpointCapital Announces Appointment of Milen Todorov as Managing Director
NEW YORK, February 6, 2018
HealthpointCapital, the leading private equity firm focused exclusively on the Musculoskeletal sector, announced that Milen Todorov, a former medical technology investment banker at UBS Investment Bank, has joined the firm's leadership team as Managing Director.
Prior to joining HealthpointCapital, Milen Todorov was a Director in the global healthcare team at UBS Investment Bank, focusing on medical technology, and on the musculoskeletal sector in particular. While at UBS, Milen executed over 25 M&A and capital raising transactions with aggregate value in excess of $35 billion. He began his career in economic litigation consulting at Charles River Associates. Mr. Todorov holds a B.A. in Economics from Middlebury College and an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
Milen joins the experienced team at HealthpointCapital, led by John Foster, Chairman, and Mike Mogul, President. Foster is a leader in healthcare private equity investing with over 38 years of experience, including nine previous PE funds. It was Foster's vision to focus HealthpointCapital's investment strategy on the attractive Musculoskeletal sector, covering Orthopaedics, Dental, Maxillofacial, Rehabilitation, and the related, rapidly changing information systems supporting both providers and patients. HealthpointCapital is raising its fourth musculoskeletal-focused fund following the Company’s outstanding track record from the three funds raised over the past 15 years.
"Milen brings strong transaction execution experience, as well as deep sector knowledge and relationships," said John Foster, Chairman of HealthpointCapital. "His addition further strengthens our very experienced investment team that is actively investing and mentoring companies in the musculoskeletal sector."
The HealthpointCapital team also includes:
• Mike Mogul, President and Managing Director. Before joining HealthpointCapital in 2017, Mr. Mogul served as CEO of DJO Global, a $1bn, PE-owned company in the orthopaedics sector, for six years. Prior to that, he was Group President, Orthopaedics at Stryker. Additionally, during his 22 years at Stryker, he ran all of the company’s divisional segments in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
• Laing F. Rikkers, Managing Director. Ms. Rikkers’ principal role is identifying investment opportunities, determining strategies and developing portfolio organizations. She has been at HealthpointCapital for 14 years, serves as Chairman of ProSomnus Sleep Technologies and is a former Director at BioHorizons.
• William Johnson, Managing Director and CFO. He was previously CEO & CFO of MicroDental, Inc., a former HealthpointCapital portfolio company. Mr. Johnson has over 20 years in senior management roles primarily with private equity controlled companies, and early career experience with Abbey Medical (now Apria Healthcare) and American Hospital Supply Corporation.
• David L. Helfet MD, Senior Advisor. Dr. Helfet is Professor of Orthopaedics at Weill Cornell College, and Director Emeritus of the Orthopaedic Trauma Service at Hospital for Special Surgery and New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Helfet has been a member of HealthpointCapital's leadership team for 16 years and served on the board of Synthes, prior to its acquisition by Johnson & Johnson.
• Richard N. Foster, Senior Advisor. Dr. Foster is Chairman of the Board at Ancera Diagnostics, and Director at Advantia Health, LeanTaas Analytics, ZocDoc, DrFirst, SQream Computers and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Foster is also Director Emeritus at McKinsey & Company where he was one of the founders of their Healthcare practice. He has been a member of HealthpointCapital's leadership team for the last 9 years
• Richard H. Rothman, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Advisor. Dr. Rothman is Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Medical School, is Co-Chairman Board of Trustees of Thomas Jefferson University and the founder of the Rothman Institute, one of the leading Orthopaedic Centers. In addition to his practice of orthopaedic surgery, he has also served as the Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Arthroplasty, which is the most widely read peer-reviewed journal dedicated to total joint replacement. His business interests include founding and acting as Chairman of the Board of Specialty Care Network, a publicly held company now known as Healthgrades. He serves as a member of several corporate boards and has served as a Private Equity advisor for the Carlyle Group and the Riverside Company.
HealthpointCapital is the leading private equity firm focused exclusively on musculoskeletal and currently has $800 million under investment. It is raising its fourth fund targeting innovative and exciting emerging businesses and established companies that can benefit from its sector focus, mentorship and investment. It will also seek out established but under-nourished segments and products within major MedTech firms that have the potential to flourish with the addition of HealthpointCapital's musculoskeletal leadership experience and investment. HealthpointCapital's team will be attending next month’s American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons meeting in New Orleans. Please contact us for more information at www.healthpointcapital.com.
For investor or media inquiries please contact:
Blake Mossy, HealthpointCapital, 212-935-7780 or firstname.lastname@example.org